Workforce Advancement Training (WAT) Grants for Wisconsin Businesses
Training grants are focused on improving the occupational skills of your employees. Grants are available to the technical college districts, and NWTC can partner with your company (or multiple companies) to submit training grant applications. Grants are available for small and large businesses and are designed to be used to upgrade the occupational skills and productivity of employees of established businesses operating in Northeast Wisconsin. In addition to very specific job related skills such as: welding, maintenance, CNC machining, and customer relations; training grants can also cover more general topics including leadership development, team building, training within industry, and quality improvement, just to name a few.
Simply send an email with the subject of TRAINING GRANT to email@example.com and answer the following questions in the body of the email by February 28, 2019:
- Name of your company and main contact
- Type of business (manufacturer, health, customer service, etc.)
- Number of employees or annual revenue amount (required to determine the category of training grant - small or large business)
- What are your primary training needs/challenges?
- How can this training improve your business?
Companies chosen to partner with Northeast Wisconsin Technical College will not receive training funds unless their competitive grant application is approved by the Wisconsin Technical College System grant committee.
The deadline for companies to inquire about grant funding for training is February 28, 2019.